At Jobs4Skills we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
At Jobs4Skills we make every effort to comply with our obligations under the 1998 Data Protection Act.
- Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Contact and other information that you provide as part of the registration process by filling in forms and/or by creating a Job Seeker Profile on our site at www.Jobs4Skills.com (the Website) including your CV, and other employment information including information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our site;
- Contact information that you provide as part of the sales or business development process when discussing our products and services with our sales teams;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site; and
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- IP addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Our website uses two types of cookies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we put on your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Identify you when you login to your Job Seeker Profile and track your job applications.
We use the following cookies:
(i) Analytical cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily; and
(ii) Session cookies. They allow users to be recognised within our website, so that any changes that a user makes to a page are remembered from page to page. The cookie is stored in a temporary memory and is erased when the user closes the Web browser. Session cookies do not collect information from the user’s computer. They typically will store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify the user.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
- Where we store your personal data
[All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.] Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site including your Profile, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. To avoid unauthorised access to your Job Seeker account, always remember to log out of your Job Seeker area if your computer is used or has shared access with another person or persons.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information relating to job opportunities either directlymor via our carefully selected recruitment partners
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Additional Uses made of the information
Jobs4Skills gives you the opportunity to put your CV in its searchable database, designed to help you find employment quickly. You can control the level of confidentiality that you believe is appropriate.
It is your choice to either:
- (a) make your CV searchable by our Recruiters, this is the default setting during the registration process or when you upload a copy of your CV; or
- (b) prevent your CV from being searched and viewed by Recruiters. In order to do this, you must first click the “Hide Your CV?” link on the Job Seeker Dashboard and then complete the contact form ensuring you select the “Remove my CV from the Database” option from the ‘Nature of Enquiry’ dropdown menu. Your request to remove your CV from the Jobs4Skills Jobs database will be processed by Jobs4Skills Jobs team within 7 working days of receipt of your request. This means that Recruiters and Employers will not be able to see your CV in the results of their database search, but you will be able to see it when you log in to your Profile.
You can remove any of the information that Jobs4Skills stores about you, at any time, by logging in to your Profile and removing information or choosing to close the Profile by contacting us through the ‘Contact us’ links on the website. Jobs4Skills will endeavour to cancel your account within as short a time frame as possible. However, Recruiters who have paid for access to the Database may have retained a copy of your CV in their own files or databases. Recruiters have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
If you choose to create a profile and upload a CV to our database, we rely on you to ensure that your details are kept up to date. You should update your CV at least every six months, particularly if your contact details have changed.
Please note that Jobs4Skills reserves the right to remove any CVs which include any content that we consider to be illegal or offensive from our Database and close the relevant Job Seeker Profile.
Jobs by Email Alerts
The “Jobs by Email” service matches a Job Seeker’s requirements for employment with the profile of vacancies advertised on our website or via our partners. By opting-in / clicking to “receive job alerts and targeted jobs by email” during the registration process you are giving your consent to receive these emails. For Job Seekers who subscribe to this service you will receive an email listing those jobs that we believe you may be interested in. Your requirements are defined by a number of variables including “strings” which can be specified during your use of the site, job area(s) selected during registration process, or other strings used to specify geographic region, specific job titles, skills or other definition of the job you want. You can change the strings at any time by logging in to your account and visiting the Jobs4Skills Alerts link or you can also unsubscribe from this feature at any time using the Jobs4Skills Alerts Manager or alternatively by clicking on the unsubscribe link on job alert emails.
Additional Information – Aggregate Statistical Information
We may also collect aggregate statistical information about site visitors and users (such as the number of CVs on the database, or the number of visitors to the site). We may provide this information to customers, recruiters, advertisers, and other reputable third parties. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. This will not include any information that enables them to identify individuals.
- Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Jobs4Skills or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
We will usually inform you if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by un-ticking certain boxes, (‘opting out’) on the forms we use to collect your data during the account registration process. For the avoidance of doubt, by default, when you create an account on Jobs4Skills Jobs, (including job seeker and employer accounts) the boxes relating to your agreement to Jobs4Skills Jobs using your data for marketing purposes are ticked, i.e. you are ‘opting in’ to receive such marketing information). If you untick (opt-out) of receiving marketing information Jobs4Skills Jobs will update your records within a reasonable amount of time to ensure you do not receive further marketing information. Please note that you may still receive some marketing information in the time period between when you select to opt-out of receiving marketing information and when we update your records.
You are also provided with the opportunity to unsubscribe at any time on any marketing information we send to you. If you click ‘unsubscribe’ at any time your details will automatically be removed from our marketing lists.
You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Jobs4Skills Pvt Ltd, ESCI Campus, Old Bombay Road, Gachibowli, Hyderabad, Telangana 500032, INDIA or email email@example.com.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of $10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.